Selenium is one of the most important elements of the immune system of our body.
It has unique antioxidant properties. Dispose most dangerous and aggressive free radicals with antioxidants that others fail to cope.
Extremely important for the normal functioning of thyroid and general metabolism of the body.
It is pointless to try to replace it with something else, although that is needed in very small quantities – 80-150 mcg per 24 hours for an adult.
Deficiency of this element causes a major breakthrough in the immune system and overall functioning of the body:
- Hampers the immune system;
- Hampers the thyroid gland;
- Leading to cardiovascular, endocrine and cancer;
- A prerequisite for a variety of diseases of the circulatory system;
- Difficult clearing the assumed heavy metals;
- Causing premature aging;
- Facilitating disease of diabetes mellitus;
- A common cause of infertility in men;
- Difficulties in getting pregnant women and normal wear and tear of the fetus;
- Facilitates the occurrence of different types of allergies and many other diseases.
Through well-chosen food we could obtain such necessary selenium. Natural sources of selenium are cereals, a variety of raw nuts, especially Brazil nuts, a variety of raw vegetables, broccoli, certain varieties of rice and other.
Unfortunately, food and even raw and rough are not the same as they were before 30-40 years or more. Although the daily rate of selenium is small, difficult to get it naturally and in the required combination with other products and components in a manner that would be fully utilized.